— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) August 8, 2016
Several key improvements have been deployed:
- Allows you to change Trainers nickname, but this is a one time only chance. So change wisely!
- Fix on bug for Pokeball throws bonus awards for “Nice”, “Great” and “Excellent”.
- Made improvements to the accuracy of curveball throw. Curveballs gives extra XPs, read more here.
- Resolved issue and re-enabled ‘battery saver’ mode in iOS.
- New visuals for Team Leaders Candela, Blanche and Spark.
- Fixed display of Medal icons.
- Added a dialog reminder when there is a certain increases speed that Trainers should not be playing while driving. Trainers are asked to click a button to confirm that they are not driving (similar feature of Waze).
- A few users might experience some change in their Nearby screen. This is limited release for a subset of users.
To learn more about the game and to get to know the tricks and tools of the trade, you can check out these articles:
- Here’s 11 tips and tricks to get you started with Pokémon GO
- Pokémon GO Tools to help you get your next Catch or Evolution