With PlayStation announcing that it won’t be at E3 2020, coupled with the more recent news that Geoff Keighely also wont be attending, there is some concern regarding what will happen at this year’s E3. Don’t fret though, the Entertainment Software Association (ESA) is promising that this year’s conference will still be one to watch out for.
Unlike the E3’s from the past which were heavily industry-focused, E3 this year will be a more interactive affair. E3 2020 will feature various guest gamers, celebrities, and digital programming on the show floor — almost all of which will be livestreamed for everyone to see.
Aside from the lineup of guests and activities, the ESA also revealed the major gaming companies that will be part of the show this year. The confirmed developers/publishers at E3 2020 include:
- Bethesda Softworks
- Square Enix
- Take-Two Interactive Software
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
- Warner Bros. Games
“We are working to make E3 2020 a more interactive and immersive experience with a show floor that will amplify our exhibitors, their innovations, and announcements,” said Stanley Pierre-Louis, President and CEO of the ESA. “The E3 experience is an industry showcase like no other. It connects media, brands, innovators, and super fans with one another.”
Interested in going to E3 2020? Registration for the event opens on February 15 at 11AM EST (or Feb 15 at 12AM PHT). Here is more information regarding registration:
- Online Registration
- Available online exclusively at E3Expo.com, starting February 15 at 11:00 AM EST (Feb 16 12AM PHT)
- Show Hours
- Industry Badge Holders: Tuesday, June 9: 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM (EST)
- All Badge Holders: Wednesday, June 10: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM (EST)
- All Badge Holders: Thursday, June 11: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM (EST)
- Badge Levels:
- Qualified Industry Attendees including Exhibitors, VIP Buyers, Industry Pro, and Media (Complimentary; June 9-11)
- Premium Badge including exclusive benefits (USD 995; June 9-11)
- Gamer Badge (USD 165; June 10-11)