Released on Steam Early Access last year, Ranida Games’ 1-on-1 fighting game Bayani is currently part of the Indie Arena Booth Online at gamescom 2020. This makes Bayani the only title from the Philippines to be featured at this year’s gamescom!
Bayani’s inclusion in the Indie Arena Booth Online at gamescom coincides with the release of the eighth character in the game–Lolang Tsora. As her name implies, Lolang Tsora is based on Filipino revolutionary Tandang Sora aka Melchora Aquino.
In the game, Lolang Tsora is an old grandma with low HP and is slow to move. While she may seem like a pushover at first, Lolang Tsora has lots of tools to keep her enemies away and create distance. Her attacks can be categorized into three types:
- Light Magic – draws power from the Moon and pushes opponents away
- Dark Flames – draw from an ethereal Bakunawa and burns enemies
- Combined Light and Dark Magic – hits enemies multiple times for devastating damage
With Lolang Tsora added into the game, Bayani’s roster now includes eight characters, all of which are inspired by iconic Filipino heroes/figures. The full roster includes:
- Joe (based on Jose Rizal)
- Dre (based on Andres Bonifacio)
- Oria (based on Gregoria de Jesús)
- Tonio (based on Antonio Luna)
- Leon (based on Emilio Aguinaldo)
- Rio (based on Apolinario Mabini)
- Fernando (based on Ferdinand Magellan)
- Lolang Tsora (based on Melchora Aquino)