While Cyberpunk 2077 looks incredible on high-end PCs, the game does suffer from numerous bugs and glitches. Along with this, Cyberpunk 2077 on the base PS4 and Xbox One does not look good, both in terms of performance and graphics.
Recently though, CD Projekt RED released Patch 1.04, and it brings a range of bug fixes and graphical improvements. There’s even a fix that “modifies the flashing effect on Braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms.” As it brings a lot of improvements, the patch is quite large at around 17GB.
Thanks to this patch, the game’s graphics on base consoles have improved as it now looks sharper overall. Here’s a quick comparison of the game’ Patch 1.02 vs Patch 1.04 on the base PS4 (make sure to zoom in to see the difference):
While the visuals of the game on base consoles have improved, some players are still reporting that the game still runs a bit choppy, plus there are reportedly bugs and crashes still.
The new Cyberpunk 2077 patch is now live, and it includes the following changes and fixes:
- Fixed an issue with completing the final objective in Gig: Freedom of the Press.
- Fixed an issue with starting conversation with Johnny at the end in Life During Wartime.
- Corrected a rare issue with NPCs no longer calling V if A Like Supreme quest was abandoned mid-way.
- Fixed an issue with Nix not going into his default state in Spellbound and KOLD MIRAGE.
- Fixed issues blocking progress in I Fought The Law if the quest area is left.
- Fixed inability to find Delamain in Epistrophy.
- Fixed issues related to remaining in the second phase of the quest after finishing Pacifica fight with Ozob if played after Finals.
- Fixed an issue with Nomads no longer present if V leaves the quest area mid-combat in With a Little Help from My Friends/Queen of the Highway.
- Adjusted mappings and re-enabled quest tracker in M’ap Tann Pèlen/I Walk the Line/Transmission.
- Fixed constraints on freedom to get up and sit down if neither blueline condition is met in Violence.
- Fixed issues with time and space resulting from leaving the quest area or abandoning the quest in Following the River.
- Fixed an issue with conversation with Johnny not starting after leaving the hotel in Tapeworm.
- Fixed an issue with quest being blocked upon leaving the quest area before climbing the hill in Following the River.
- Fixed the objective “Go into booth 9” not completing if the room’s entered too fast in Automatic Love.
- Fixed Jackie’s issues with sitting still in The Ripperdoc.
- Other quest fixes
- Fixed the preview in weapon crafting.
- Reduced vehicle appearance pop-in.
- Speeded up switching first person perspective to third person perspective in a vehicle.
- Fixed issues with animations missing from important quest NPCs during cinematics.
Performance & Stability
- Improved stability, including various crash fixes.
- Modified the flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude.
- Removed copyrighted songs incorrectly present in the game with “Disable Copyrighted Music” feature toggled on.
- Switching language to default in the in-game settings now correctly sets it to the language of your Steam client.
- Improved reflections quality on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to eliminate the smudge effect.
- Fixed “The Wasteland” achievement being stuck on 97% after completing all relevant missions in The Badlands on Xbox.
- Fixed an issue with missing PT-BR VO for Xbox players in Americas.
Cyberpunk 2077 and Patch 1.04 is available now on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.