Blizzard has just announced that the Hearthstone Classic format is now live! In case you’re unfamiliar, this format is a blast from the past as it features the original 240 cards from 2014 back when the game launched. This makes the format a great way to re-experience Hearthstone in its original form, both for long-time fans and for newer players.
Here’s a quick rundown of what to expect in the mode:
- Classic packs will now add to your Collection for the Classic format, as well as the Legacy set in Wild.
- Unlocking Wild format will also grant access to the Hearthstone Classic format.
- Classic’s reward systems, rank systems, and seasons will function the same as Standard and Wild, in addition to having its own matchmaking pool.
- You may challenge your friends in the Classic format starting today!
- Games played in the Classic format will count towards any relevant Achievements.
- The total number of deck slots will be increased from 18 to 27 alongside the release of Classic!
- Cards that were added to the Classic set later in Hearthstone’s history will not be usable in the Classic format or drop from Classic packs, but will be craftable as part of the Legacy set in Wild.
For more info on all the changes coming with the launch of the classic format, visit the Classic format announcement blog post.
Want more info on upcoming Hearthstone content? Here’s what to expect in Hearthstone’s Year of the Gryphon.