After the release of Season 2: Distortion, EA and Respawn Entertainment have launched the new Hyperbeat event in Apex Legends Mobile. This new update features a new legend, battlepass, map updates, and more.
The highlight of the update is Crypto, a hacker and encryption expert whose core abilities are aerial drones which follow Crypto and automatically track nearby enemies for some time.
In the mobile version, Crypto has the following abilities:
- Passive: Neurolink – Enemies and traps detected by your surveillance Drone are marked for your squad within 30 meters range.
- Tactical: Surveillance Drone – Deploy a pilotable drone to surveil your surroundings. The drone detects enemy squads and battlefield hazards.
- Ultimate: Drone EMP – Your Drone sets off an EMP blast that deals Shield damage, slows enemies and disables traps.
Crypto also has the following Legend Perks:
- Self Destruct: Destroyed drones explode after 3s, slowing and damaging enemies caught in the blast.
- Hidden User: Become semi-transparent when controlling drones.
- System Scan: Your drone reveals an enemy’s HP and armor after 3s of scanning.
- Shut Down: Your Ultimate also damages HP but cannot kill an enemy.
- Lag Bomb: Your drone can launch an EMP bomb that slows and deals damage.
- Salvage Operation: Your drone can retrieve items.
- Battle Adaptation: Using your Finisher adds 100 points to your EVO Shield.
- Restart: Using your Finisher instantly repairs your drone or reduces your Ultimate’s cooldown by 30%.
- Interrogator: Using your Finisher reveals the location of your target’s squad on the mini map.
Along with Crypto, the Hyperbeat event in Apex Legends Mobile includes Kings Canyon updates, including a new town takeover in the Pythas Theater. The update also introduces a new ranked split along with additional Ranked Rewards. Though because of this, the game is going to be resetting players’ ranks.
Finally, the update adds lots of improvements and updates which can be found in the patch notes here.
For more information on Apex Legends Mobile, visit the game’s official website.