Following the release of Forge of the Chaos Dwarfs back in April, SEGA and Creative Assembly have announced Shadows of Change, the new DLC for Total War: Warhammer III.
This new DLC is an exciting one for fans as it adds three new Legendary Lords to the game. These include The Changeling for Tzeentch, Yuan Bo for Grand Cathay, and Mother Ostankya for Kislev.
On top of these, the DLC features new unique mechanics. And yes, each Legendary Lord will come with a host of new units to command.
Check out the announce trailer for Shadows of Change here:
The new units are no doubt the highlights of the new DLC. So, here’s a rundowns of all units that are available to the three new Legendary Lords:
The Changeling, Tzeentch’s Trickster (Tzeentch)
- The Blue Scribes – tasked with collecting every scrap of forbidden lore and spell in existence, P’tarix and Xirat’p rain random blasts of arcane death as they soar over the battlefield on their Disk of Tzeentch.
- Tzaangors – hit and run infantry that grow in power the more spells are cast around them.
- Cockatrice – winged monstrosities that vomit acid and poison surrounding enemies.
- Mutalith Vortex Beast – a tentacled abomination with a ball of raw magic anchored to its back, the Mutalith is a horror of corrupted flesh that casts devastating magical attacks.
Yuan Bo, The Jade Dragon (Grand Cathay)
- Jade Lion – a monstrous unit that recharges your Winds of Magic reserves in the heat of battle, pouncing and kicking Cathay’s foes and unleashing flaming magical attacks.
- Jet Lion – a monstrous anti-magic unit that buffs allied spellcasters, causes enemy mages to miscast and turns enemy ranged units’ missiles back on them.
- Onyx Crowmen – winged servants of the Moon Empress that excel in melee combat.
- Celestial General – a new Lord who thrives as an aggressive front-line leader, smashing through foes with a formidable warhammer.
Mother Ostankya, Daughter of the Forest (Kislev)
- Hag Witch – a fast moving spellcasting Legendary Hero who rides a chariot into battle.
- Elemental Incarnate of Beasts – a giant avatar of raw natural ferocity that channels the Lore of Beasts to terrify and brutalise your foes.
- The Things in the Woods – fast moving beastly infantry killers who hunt best in woodland.
- Akshina Rangers – bear skin clad skirmishers who can hide in plain sight and are most effective when fighting in forests.
As a treat for players, SEGA and Creative Assembly will also unlock the Legendary Hero Aekold Helbrass to all players for free. Plus, the upcoming Patch 4.0 update will feature campaign AI improvements, expanded difficulty settings, and new landmarks for legacy factions.
Total War: Warhammer III Shadows of Change will be available on August 31. You can purchase the game now to receive 10% off.