Just when you thought that the studio is moving on completely from Night City after the release of the Ultimate Edition, CD Projekt RED has got another holiday surprise up their sleeves with the Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.1 set to come out on December 5.
Update 2.1 will be yet another free update that will bring a host of new features coming to Cyberpunk 2077, some of which have been highly requested long before the game was even launched. Considering the amount of changes this update brings right after we were all told that nothing new was coming anymore is insane. In a good way.
During a recent REDstream, Paweł Sasko and Monika Janowska talked about each new thing to come with Update 2.1. Here’s everything to look forward to as you load back in Night City:
NCART Metro System
- There is finally a train system! Originally shown in one of the earlier trailers of Cyberpunk 2077, having a working train system just made sense in an open-world as vibrant and expansive as Night City. Unfortunately, this wasn’t the case with the public build of the game. You either had to manually drive around or use the various fast travel points scattered throughout the city. Now, there’s a fully functioning tram system allowing you to get around while taking in the sights of the environment.
- The soundtrack of Cyberpunk 2077 is no slouch. It’s an amazing mix of pop, rock, techno, and everything in between. It made cruising around Night City such a vibey thing to do. Radioport allows you to listen to them without having to get into a vehicle.
Hangout with romantic partners
- Trouble getting a date? Cyberpunk 2077 has got you! You can now go on hangouts with your chosen romantic partner in the game. You can invite them over to spend time in VV’s apartment. Admit it, this will probably one of your most used new features when it drops.
- These missions were only a set amount in the base game. With Update 2.1, you can now replay races for more rewards and discounts in the Autofixer website. There will also be new vehicles available for purchase such as the Porsche 911 Cabriolet.
Aside from new content, CDPR also went out of their way to continue providing quality of life improvements to existing game systems:
Improved boss fights
- While no detailed specifics were given, the developers did promise good changes to boss fights in the game such as AI tuning. A special shoutout was given to the Adam Smasher fight, who’s now equipped with a Sandevistan, as seen on Cyberpunk: Edgerunners.
New car chases
- Messing around gang members can now aggravate them to the point that it will initiate a car chase. This just makes the scummy side of Night City feel more alive and dynamic. Exciting to see how this will play out.
New accessibility settings
- There are a bunch of new settings which you can check out here. I’m just gonna give a shoutout to some of my favorites. Players will now be given the option to choose a larger interface font! Fellow none 20-20 vision people rise up! You can also turn off the timer in the Breach Protocol minigame. And what I’m most excited for: full DualSense support on PC!
Cyberpunk 2077’s Update 2.1 is coming for free to existing and future owners of the game on Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and PC on December 5th, alongside the Ultimate Edition, which contains all past updates and the Phantom Liberty Expansion.