A limited-run expansion for the popular tabletop war game War of the Ring, titled Kings and Lords of Middle-earth Limited Edition is now open for pre-order!
Just like their previous releases, expect to see special treatment to the components like individually painted miniatures, a serialized box and other high-quality pieces to elevate your War of the Ring experience.
More from Ares Games:
Ares Games is proud to announce a new limited-edition in its War of the Ring line: an “extended version” including the content of both Kings of Middle-earth and Lords of Middle-earth, packaged together in a box matching the size of the previous War of the Ring Anniversary Release and Warriors of Middle-earth Limited Edition.
This exclusive, deluxe edition will feature a beautiful, hot-foil printed and embossed box, hand painted miniatures, and upgraded high-quality components, at a cost of $ 189.90 plus VAT and taxes. The total print run will be limited to 2000 copies, and the estimated release date is June 2024. Pre-orders will open on December 1st, at 4:00 PM (CET) on Ares Games webshop.
Kings of Middle-earth is the third expansion for War of the Ring Second Edition, releasing in December 2023. It introduces two new types of Characters to the game: Sovereigns and Dark Chieftains – important personalities of Middle-earth with a vital role in the War of the Ring. Lords of Middle-earth is the first expansion, released in 2012: it allows players to explore different alternative storylines and strategies, and features new characters: Elrond, Galadriel, Gothmog and the powerful Balrog, as well as alternate versions of the Witch-king and the Mouth of Sauron (represented with specific miniatures and rules).
A Limited Edition of Lords of Middle-earth was released in 2013, with a print run of only 1000 copies, as a complement the War of the Ring Collector’s Edition – enabling owners of that version of the game to add the then-new expansion with painted figures. In 2017, the War of the Ring Anniversary Release was published, and 2000 more people became owners of a War of the Ring limited set; since then, they have been asking for an opportunity to add Lords of the Middle-earth as an expansion in a similar format. Combining Lords of Middle-earth and the new Kings of Middle-earth expansions in one set gives Ares the chance to make its special content available again, but in a different foramt, leaving the original Lords of Middle-earth Limited edition, in its specific form, the unique item it was intended to be.
- A beautiful box, with double lid and magnetic opening, hot-foil printed and embossed, to match the size and style of the War of the Ring Anniversary Release and Warriors of Middle-earth Limited Edition.
- Hand-painted miniatures – including the painted version of the Treebeard promo and three versions of each of the Free People sovereigns (starting, Awakened, Corrupted) with a specific color scheme – for a total of 18 figures in Kings, 8 figures in Lords, and Treebeard.
- Two separate perfect-bound rulebooks, one for Kings and one for Lords, with textured covers and special paper.
- Overlays and tiles in both standard and deluxe size (compatible with the Deluxe Game Mat or with the larger game board included in Collector’s Edition and Anniversary Release).
- A special version of the mini-expansion The Fate of Erebor, with overlay tiles suitable for use with the normal game board, Deluxe Game Mat, and Anniversary/Collector’s Edition game board.
- The promo card set The Seeing-stones.
- Numbered authenticity certificate.
For more details and to pre-order, visit the Ares’ ecommerce site – ks.aresgames.eu – from December 1st, 4:00 PM (CET).