July 30 2017 is also known worldwide as Friendship Day and, while it happened a few days ago, we still decided to commemorate it in our own unique way – with the one show that promotes the magic of friendship, My Little Pony!
In My Little Pony, Twilight Sparkle, a magically-talented unicorn from Canterlot, and her five best friends Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy share grand adventures and in the process learn what friendship really means. Here are some of our favorite friendship moments from seasons 1-5 of the show (warning – potential spoilers ahead!)
- In “Castle Sweet Castle“, Twilight Sparkle recalls the special moments from her Ponyville life when her friends craft a chandelier from the roots of Twilight’s library (which was leveled to the ground in her battle against the evil Lord Tirek).
- In “Applebuck Season“, Applejack learns that she does not have to do everything by herself – she can count on her friends to help out when she needs it.
- In “Rarity Takes Manehattan“, Rarity takes advantage of her friends’ generosity for the Fashion Week event, but in the end comes around and makes up for her shortcomings.
- In “Party of One“, Pinkie Pie thinks her friends deserted her, but then finds out that it was all in an effort for her surprise party!
- In “It Ain’t Easy Being Breezies“, Fluttershy learns that sometimes friendship requires dishing out tough love, especially when it’s for the better good of everypony else.
- In “Tanks for the Memories“, Rainbow Dash finds that parting with a loved one is never easy, but your friends will never let you down in your time of need.
There’s so much more friendship magic to be had in My Little Pony. If you haven’t seen it yet, why don’t you give it a try? I can say for sure it will be worth the watch. Happy Friends Day!