Xiaomi’s latest flagship killer and its entry-level powerhouse are finally here! Xiaomi recently launched the Poco F2 Pro and the Redmi 9 in the Philippines, the brand’s latest smartphones that offer incredible bang-for-buck!
First up, we have the Poco F2 Pro, Xiaomi’s flagship-killer as it packs top-of-the-line hardware, all at a price tag that’s well below flagship level. For starters, the Poco F2 Pro is powered by a Snapdragon 865 processor that’s paired with up to 8GB of RAM. With this, the Poco F2 Pro will no doubt be powerful enough for gaming and for multi-tasking.
As for its cameras, the Poco F2 Pro features a 64MP f/1.8 main + 13MP f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle + 5MP f/1.8 telephoto camera + 2MP f/2.4 depth sensor quad rear camera setup. At the front meanwhile is a 20MP pop-up selfie shooter for an all-screen look. Speaking of screen, the Poco F2 Pro has a large 6.67-inch FHD+ display, with an AMOLED panel and Corning Gorilla Glass 6.
For its price, the Poco F2 Pro 6GB+128GB has an SRP of PHP 26,990. Meanwhile, the 8GB+256GB is priced at PHP 29,990. Both phones are available starting today at Authorized Mi Stores, and will be available on the Xiaomi Official Store on Lazada starting June 18. Buyers at Lazada can get the phone with up to PHP 2,000 off on June 18 only.
POCO F2 Pro specs:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 octa-core processor
- Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- 6.67-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display, Gorilla Glass 6
- 128GB/256GB storage (non-expandable)
- 64MP f/1.8 main + 13MP f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle + 5MP f/1.8 telephoto camera + 2MP f/2.4 depth sensor quad rear camera setup
- 20MP f/2.2 front camera
- Dual SIM, with LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC
- In-display Fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C
- 4700mAh battery with 30w fast charge
- Android 10 with MIUI for POCO
Up next, we have the Redmi 9, an affordable yet powerful smartphone for budget-conscious users. The Redmi 9 runs on a MediaTek Helio G80 processor and packs up to 4GB of RAM, making it a good option for mobile gamers that don’t want to break the bank. As for its display, the Redmi 9 6.53-inch Full HD+ screen with Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
For photography, the Redmi 9 has a 13MP main + 8MP ultra-wide-angle + 2MP macro camera + 2MP depth sensor quad rear camera setup, as well as a 20MP selfie shooter.
As a budget phone, the Redmi 9 is priced at well under PHP10k. Specifically, the 3GB+32GB and 4GB+64GB are priced at PHP 6,990 and PHP 7,490 respectively. Both Redmi 9 variants will be available tomorrow, June 16 at the Xiaomi Official Global Store on Shopee. Buyers will also be treated to a flash sale tomorrow on Shopee, with customers getting PHP 500 off on the 3GB+32GB variant.
More info on Redmi 9 will be unveiled on June 25, 2020. The phone will also be released in other sales channels from June 30, 2020.
Redmi 9 specs:
- MediaTek Helio G80 processor
- Mali-G52 MC2 GPU
- 3/4 GB RAM
- 6.53-inch Full HD+ display, Gorilla Glass 5
- 32GB/64GB storage (expandable)
- 13MP f/2.2 main + 8MP ultra-wide-angle + 2MP macro camera + 2MP depth sensor quad rear camera setup
- 8MP f/2.2 front camera
- Dual SIM, with 3G, LTE
- Fingerprint scanner
- 5020mAh battery with 18w fast charge
- Android 10 with MIUI 12