After introducing the Seasons format across multiple game modes, 2K has revealed new gameplay enhancements in NBA 2K22 via the latest Courtside Report. Along with new game details, 2K also released the official gameplay reveal trailer for 2K22.
In case you haven’t seen it yet, check out the trailer here:
In the new Courtside Report, 2K gave us a breakdown of the innovations for the latest NBA 2K title. Here’s a quick rundown of the enhancements:
- Defense & Defensive AI: Completely rebuilt shot contest and blocking systems, a significant update to the fundamental defensive rotations, and much more.
- Dribbling: Players will experience a unique feel and rhythm when sizing up, significantly faster overall pace and much tighter control in navigating the court, and a ton of other new combos, cancels, and move chains.
- Post Play: Upgrades highlight loads of new content, including new movement and a new arsenal of back-to-basket moves.
- Shooting: There’s a new shot meter that will dynamically expand when players take high-quality shots with good shooters but will shrink when heavily contested, shooting with a low-rated shooter, or fatigued. NBA 2K22 puts more emphasis on Shot IQ, meaning the teams that work for open looks and take smart shots are going to see much more success than the teams that force up bad shots.
- Finishing: Along with a focus on creating more of a skill gap for finishing at the rim, players can also completely customize their dunk repertoire with an all-new Dunk Style Creator.
- Builds, Badges & Takeover: Adjustments to create more balanced builds, and an increase of the total badge count to 80, offer many ways for players to impact the game. Additionally, NBA 2K22 for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles introduces Takeover Perks, which you can unlock to strengthen your existing Takeover abilities.
NBA 2K22 releases on September 10, 2021 for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.