Winner winner chicken dinner! Barangay Ginebra San Miguel wins PUBG Mobile Tournament of the inaugural PBA Esports Bakbakan. Not only did they win but they also did so in a quite the imperessive manner as they secured 3 Chicken Dinner victories, 76 kills, and 129 total points.
12 PBA Franchise teams participated in various matches held in 10 PUBG Mobile maps for the 2-day Grand Finals. The tournament was held both online and offline with the first five matches being held online while a live offline battle was done at Ayala Malls FELIZ on September 8. The event was also attended by various guests to commemorate the first ever event – notably by PBA Commissioner Willie Marcial, Dark League Studios Chairman Mr. Bobby Rosales, and Dark League Studios CEO Mr. AC Valdenor. The latter also revealed that their next set of featured games for the PBA Esports Bakbakan series will include StreetBallers in October, Call Of Duty, and DOTA 2.
Here’s a quick look at the final standing for the PUBG Mobile Tournament of the PBA Esports Bakbakan:
- Barangay Ginebra San Miguel – Champion
- Blackwater Bossing Smooth Razors – 1st runner-up
- Meralco Bolts – 2nd runner-up
- Terrafirma Dyip – 4th place
- Rain Or Shine Elasto Painters – 5th place
- San Miguel Beermen – 6th place
- NLEX Road Warriors – 7th place
- Converge FiberXers – 8th place
- Magnolia Hotshots Chicken Timplados – 9th place
- TNT Tropang Giga – 10th place
- NorthPort Batang Pier – 11th place
- Phoenix Super LPG Fuel Masters – 12th place
Big congratulations as Barangay Ginebra San Miguel wins PUBG Mobile Tournament in the inaugural PBA Esports Bakbakan.