SEGA and Creative Assembly have announced that The Rhesus & Memnon Faction pack will release in A Total War Saga: Troy on December 14.
This new content pack adds Rhesus, The Thracian King and Memnon, King of Aethiopia. Both new characters come with unique campaign mechanics, new hero and unit abilities, and two brand-new army rosters consisting of 49 troop choices.
First up, we have Rhesus, a driven and relentless commander who hails from the deep-forested valleys of Thrace. Rhesus’ units predominantly fight without shields, and they rely on strong early engagement.
Rhesus’ unique campaign mechanics include:
- Countless Host: Rhesus must seek out and unite the various inter-warring Thracian tribes and unite them under one banner. Doing so unlocks the summoning of powerful host armies to ravage the land of eternal enemies.
- Thracian Rituals: Blessed with immense religious powers, Rhesus enacts to please the old cults of Thrace. These grant a variety of bonuses, including access to elite units, settlement bonuses, and army buffs.
Meanwhile, the warrior-king Memnon has a roster consisting of quick, lightly armored warriors that have the tools to stay engaged in battle.
His campaign mechanics include:
- Horde: Memnon seeks but one thing – to raze every inch of Achaea. Therefore, his military expedition cannot inhabit settlements but can take advantage of War Spoils to further power his war efforts in defense of Troy.
- Pharoah’s Servant: Memnon relies on the influence and wealth of his Pharoah to reinforce his ranks with soldiers from far-off lands. He must enact Royal Decrees to unlock units from each of the four regions: Aethiopia, Egypt, Canaan, Susa.
- Resourceful Strategist: Memnon does not have access to Spy, Envoy or Priestess Agents to aid his war efforts. Instead, his prestige attracts camp followers to bolster his armies or grant him special actions before battle.
For more info on the Rhesus & Memnon faction pack, visit the Total War Blog.