Trainers, Pokémon GO is being updated to version 0.41.2 for Android and 1.11.2 for iOS. Release notes: https://t.co/TMWHR7yqfy
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) October 11, 2016
Key features of this update include:
- Catch Bonus: Trainers can earn a catch bonus for a Pokémon type as they catch more of a specific type. Details of the Catch Bonus can be read here.
- Updated Gym Training: Trainers can now bring six Pokémon to battle at friendly Gyms. The CP of the Pokémon you are battling may be temporarily adjusted lower for your training session. Details of this update can be read here.
- Decreased evolution animation time
- Egg & Incubator Screens: These will periodically be updated regarding the distance walked without the Trainer needing to close and reopen the screen.
- Several audio issue fixes
- Other Minor fixes
Other than the catch bonus, and the gym training update, a feature to look out is the reduced animation in during Pokémon evolution. This means a player have some room to evolve more Pokémon when activating a Lucky Egg!
Typically, evolving a Pokémon takes around 26 seconds (20 seconds for the evolution animation, and another 6 second for the Pokédex registration). Currently, the maximum average count is more or less 69 Pokémon for 30 minutes. Perhaps, the reduced amount of evolution time will allow you to evolve to a maximum of 75 to 80 Pokémon.
Upon checking, the update is not yet available in the Philippines app stores, but based on previous update releases it will be available in a couple of days. We’ll keep you posted!
Read more about this Pokémon GO version updates: